So much going and no time to do anything else. Some of the things that have been going on in our lives:
- I started a second job. It's a newspaper route. It brings in pretty good money, actually. I can't wait for the summer so the kids can help out more. It's great quality time with the kids. Trap them in the car at 3 in the morning and they have to talk to me. They really enjoy it the few times they have come (when they didn't have school). We see deer almost every time we go and I am sure that is their favorite part. The most we saw in one day, according to Hunter, was 10. I think we saw the same one multiple times, but I won't tell him. We did come across packs of 3 or 4 though. It's really neat.
- Redick is starting to say a lot more now. His list of words include: dog, kitty, dada, mama, Target, Hunter, go, car, shoes, more, thank you, love you (sounds VERY similar to thank you), me, drink, binky, movie, and bye kitty. There are more, I am sure, but that is all I can think of for right now. He changed the oil in the car with me the other day and loved to look for places to use his screwdriver. He's going to be a motorhead. His absolute favorite thing to do is to go for rides on my motorcycle.
- Joy and I are working on the yard quite a bit now. Our grass is dying because the soil in Pleasant Grove is terrible. You can only go down about 6 inches before you hit the bedrock. We are slowly getting rid of it, but it's a very tedious process. Behind our garage there is a dirt driveway that goes down into a basement part of our garage. It is a great place to store things, but it is very....hmmmm....rustic. It's dirt floor and there aren't many places to put things. A couple of Saturdays ago we went with my dad to pick up some old telephone poles to build a retaining wall. That was really, really heavy wood. The fire retardant they soak it with made it feel like metal.
- Hunter just started hockey for the summer. He grew since the last time he played so we had to go drop $80 on new skates. That is the last time I buy skates in a store. Here I work at eBay and I buy new. Buyer's remorse. Hunter really enjoys hockey though and I am glad that we were able to put him in again. Because he took a year off, he is about a year behind everyone else. We have been putting on the roller blades and playing hockey in the street just so Hunter can get used to the puck. Joy likes to sit on the curb and make fun of me playing hockey. I can't blame her though, I am not very good. I fall a lot more than Hunter, that is for sure. Hunter complains about the difference between the street and the ice. It is really hard for him to stop on the street. He tries to stop the same way as you do on the ice and it just doesn't work. I think he enjoys playing though and it gets good practice in. He has official ice pratices all this month and then the games start in June. I am not sure how they are going to work the games, but there is only one team in the area (the one he's on). Usually there are enough for two teams and they play each other. We'll have to see what they do this year.
- Cassia is looking forward to pre-school graduation coming up next week. I think she is more excited knowing she will be in kindergarten next year. And one of the reasons I think she is excited is because she will get to ride the bus to school with Hunter. She has been in this pre-school now for two years and I really think she is going to miss the teacher. She was a great teacher and did an excellent job teaching the kids the right things, along with entertaining them. You have to have a lot of patience to want to do that. I can't imagine what it would be like to have 15 kids for 2 hours a day, and then do it again in the afternoon. Cassia has found a friend in our neighborhood which is a relief to Joy and I. She just wasn't fitting in with the boys in our neighborhood and would come home crying because she couldn't play with anyone. It is really heart-breaking. It's hard to find anyone else too because most of the kids in our ward that are her same age are all boys. I think most of that will change once she gets into kindergarten when she can meet new people.
That is about our life though. We are heading out of town for the weekend. We are going camping at Capitol Reef national park. This time we'll be camping with Joy's family. We love to go down there and always have a great time, so we are looking forward to the annual trip this year. Sounds like the weather is going to be nice, but hopefully not too hot like it was last year.
We'll post pictures once we are back.