Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's Been A While...

I guess since we have a blog, we should use it.



I was reading Courtney's blog and Jen's own review today and decided that I would also rate a movie I watched last week. We (my immediate family) went to Indiana Jones along with Bethany and Kathryn. I have to ask myself, why does George Lucas continue to ruin great trilogies with additions?! WHY OH WHY?!

The movie itself was pretty good up until the end. I liked the religious references to the South American Indians and however implausible they were, Lucas at least attempted to make it different. It was all fine, somewhat believable, up until the end. Arg, I'm so ticked at Lucas. I almost want to boycott anything else he makes. And you would think with all the "technology" he claims he has, he would do a lot better with the effects in this one. They were awful. It was like watching the original Star Wars before it was redone.

I did like the casting except for one. I really, really did not like Cate Blanchett's character. Unlike every review I have read for the movie, I liked Shia LeBouf. He played along well with Harrison.

All-in-all, I would have to recommend the movie to anyone just because it's Indiana Jones. I did watch all three prequels of Star Wars, disliked them, but own them. I will probably own this one as well. I just wish he would have done more with Indiana Jones as this is Harrison's last, I am guessing. Poor guy is so old and I think he was still doing stunts. Sigh...

Oh! And they showed a trailer to an exciting movie:

No comments: