Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I've been busy

I would love to say that I haven't blogged because I have been off on some fabulous tropical vacation. But as we all know, I've just been busy with life. I've had projects going like crazy (I love a good project to keep my mind off the federal disaster that my house has become.)
But now that my mom is an avid blog-stalker I feel I have to update more often. So, here's my usual update post. I know you love them! Who doesn't love an abridged version?






I made St. Patrick's Day outfits for the kids. The pesky leprechaun left them along with a mess and some treats. They loved that.










I covered 48 eggs with pages from an old book and made a wreath and a couple nests



I made a baby quilt.





Ewan is 6 months old and very impatient to start crawling.






Hunter and Grandpa (mostly grandpa) made a leprechaun trap for his school's simple machines project.







Red could keep a hundred people busy with his energy. Netflix and nickjr.com has helped me keep my sanity.







April fools dinner. Pound cake "grilled cheese sandwich", meatloaf and mashed potatoes "cupcake" and regular old salad (I couldn't think of a way to play with that without messing it up)





Hunter ate his "grilled cheese sandwich" without saying a word. Then as he stuck his fork into his "cupcake" he said "eww...it looks like cat food!" Classic









I spent all day making natural egg dyes only to have them not work (I was using brown eggs, I ended up with...brown eggs) so we added A LOT of food coloring and ended up with lots of maroon and dark brown eggs






I made the kids Easter outfits. I made up my own pattern for the boys ties and I LOVED them!








We enjoyed spring break but bummed that we spent the whole week at home. I NEED to go camping soon!



We went to Kangaroo Zoo, McDonalds (Cassia's one request), the aquarium, Gateway fountains, and a short 10 minutes at the planetarium.
























I made Cassia a dress from an old t-shirt and $2 worth of fabric.





Oh, and I've spent a lot of time dealing with poop. Solid foods kinda suck!





Now that it's all written down it doesn't sound like much. But somehow it has all taken a lot of time and energy! Next post maybe I'll show off my ongoing project: my craft room, and the kids rooms and closets. Someday I hope to have them organized (HA!)


4 comments:

Amy said...

Her dress is darling! I'll have to do that one.

Angee said...

We LOVE the baby quilt! Your thank you card is in the mail. :) I can't believe how big the kids are getting!

Jen said...

You are so talented! That t-shirt dress is so cute! And I love the little flowers that poke up! And I must say that my favorite picture is a toss up between Red's face with the water on it or the last one of Ewan. That one makes me laugh!

APeck said...

Seriously THE funniest poop faces ever. I'm even laughing out loud (unfortunately, I'm by myself and wish I could share but....) Love the dress. Gave me a brilliant idea. I've seen those before but Cassia is pulling it off way better and making me want to rethink my previous thoughts--she's quite the poser.