Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This Week's Attempt to Be CRAFTY

I love to do crafts but it seems like I have NO time for them so this week I decided to indulge myself. For mothers day I made cupcake bits that I saw on one of my new favorite blogs; Bakerella. (Thanks Jess) I love how they turned out, but unfortunately out of the probably 30 cake balls I made, only about 10 turned out. Oh well, maybe I'll get better the more I try. I used spice cake instead of the Red Velvet cake that she uses on the blog. They were so yummy! And super cute!



After going to Holy Cow Boutique (and taking a few pictures) I made Cassia a few bows. I hate spending $7 per bow when I can make them for like $1 each! I love how they turned out. I wanted some that weren't too outfit specific. Luckily she loves them too.




Too bad all this craftyness has left a mess (on top of the mess that I have ignored to take the time to be crafty.) I guess it's back to real life: dishes, moping, laundry, changing diapers. eh...
maybe I'll have to find something new to make!

5 comments:

Jen said...

You are so good at being crafty! And taking pictures! I love your cupcakes on a stick. How did you do the icing? It is so smooth! I wish you lived closer and could give me lessons.

Kristi said...

Those cupcakes look too good to eat! Well... almost.

Rachel said...

Good for you!

Denise said...

So cute and crafty!! I need a step by step of how to make the bows! I am the pathetic one paying $7 each :)

Jessica G. said...

SO glad you posted the cupcakes! They are adorable!