Monday, December 29, 2008

A Great Christmas

I guess it has become a Christmas tradition to go to Las Vegas for the Las Vegas Bowl. We have only missed one year. This year, we drove down on friday after the kids singing program at school. We went straight to the hotel and as sad as it is, went to sleep. The next morning we rose early to try to cram in some Vegas time. We went to the buffet for breakfast, Fremont Street, Coke and M'n'M stores. Then we headed to the game. We spent about an hour trying to get into the parking lot. What a joke! The game sucked as I am sure most of you know. Then we left with 2 minutes left and headed home. What a long night!






The next day we headed to my sisters house for the Parry Party. Always a highlight for me. We have a great dinner, have fun with friends and do a white elephant. This year we took a "brick" for Emily (she has been begging for a cell phone for about 2 years now.



The kids and I decorated a gingerbread house. The kids loved it for about 15 minutes. Then I finished it up. I couldn't believe how much candy came with it! I ended up throwing alot away because the kids didn't want to eat any more and there wasn't any space left on the house!



We spent Christmas eve with Kirk's family. We went to dinner at Mimi's cafe and then watched a bootleg copy of Bolt at their house.





We slept over there so they could see the kids reaction to Santa's gifts. We enjoyed 3 hours of gift unwrapping and breakfast and then left for Ogden. We enjoyed another hour of gift unwrapping and then games and good food with Joy's family.




I think we have been gone more then home in the last 2 weeks. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and for Kirks jobs! What a great Christmas!

1 comment:

Heather and Adam Parry said...

I absolutly love the picture with Cassia decorating the gingerbread house(nice camera too.) And I am still trying to explain to Hailey why the "brick" phone does not or ever will it work. It is now a play phone and will be returned to the Parry Party next year, YEAH!!!It was good to see you guys.